Town Clerk


Jill A. Havens

1272 County Road 7
Clifton Springs, New York

Phone:   585-289-3010 or 315-462-6224 EXT. #2
Fax:        315-462-6675



Deputy Town Clerk

Nichole Ruggles


Office Hours

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
8:30AM to 1:00PM

**Closed Holidays**




  1. Puppies by four (4) months of age, rabies shots must be administered by three (3) months of age
  2. Older dogs within ten (10) days of adoption
  3. Report status changes in writing within ten (10) days
  4. Maximum of four (4) dogs per property in the Town of Manchester, without obtaining a variance.
      • Village of Manchester allows three (3) dogs per property
      • Village of Shortsville allows four (4) dogs per property
      • Village of Clifton Springs allows (2) dogs per property


  1. Report animals (domestic or feral) acting as though they might be rabid to Ontario County Humane Society at 585-396-4590 (Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM) or after regular business hours to 911.  They will need to know the location and general direction of the animal to capture it.
  2. If your animal comes in contact with a rabid animal, contact your veterinarian to see if your pet needs a booster on its rabies vaccination.
  3. If your animal has any of the bodily fluids of the rabid animal on it, ask your veterinarian or Public Health how to clean your pet so no one in your family becomes contaminated with rabies.

There is no application needed prior to licensing a dog, just bring proof of rabies and if the dog has been spade or neutered to the Town Clerks Office.

Pricing:            *** New Prices as of October 1, 2018***

  1. Unaltered dogs:                                   $25.00 per year
  2. Spayed/neutered dogs:                       $16.00 per year

*** As of October 1, 2018 – a late fee of $10.00 will be assessed for each dog license renewal that is more than 15 days late ***

Ontario County Humane Society, 585-396-4590, handles stray dogs, dog bites, and inhumane animal treatment reports.

Nuisance problems with neighbor’s dogs, which cannot be settled between the neighbors, are handled through the Town Court.



A person is required to establish proof of age and identity by submitting to the issuing clerk:

One of the following age-related documents:

  1. Original birth certificate with raised seal, or certified copy
  2. Baptismal record
  3. Naturalization record
  4. Census record

and one of the following photo identifications:

  1. Photo Drivers License
  2. Valid Passport
  3. Green Card or Naturalization Papers
  4. Military Photo ID

Previous Marriages

Information regarding previous marriages must be furnished in the application for a marriage license. This includes whether the former spouse or spouses are living, and whether the applicants are divorced and, if so, when, where and against whom the divorce or divorces were granted. A certified copy of the Decree of Divorce or a Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage may be required by the clerk issuing the marriage license.

The fee for obtaining a Marriage License is $40.00.

For more information visit:



For more information visit: